User Controls

Manual Labor

D4NG0 motherfucker
    What do those of you with jobs that rely on manual labor plan to do when you get older? Do you view your job as temporary, or a stepping stone to a better position?

I've always wondered about this. Manual labor jobs tend not to pay well, so it seems to me you're doubly screwed when forced into early retirement.
    Octavian motherfucker
    I did it when I was 18 till I got made redundant at 21. Best thing that happened to me! I found my calling in sales/ office work, the latter of which a lot of people don't like. I would love nothing more than a cubicle of my own were I could be left to work in peace.

The factory job I planned on being temporary as I was sick of being broke as fuck in college. All my colleagues were depressed as fuck, some of which are still taking anti depressants just to deal with the daily grind, how-fucking-sad.

6-2pm one week then 2-10pm another week.

Over and over and over and over and over. You would feel like a worker bee, your life having little meaning, especially to the higher ups. The only solace is in whatever drink and drugs you do on the weekend before the nightmare repeats itself.

I would honestly rather die than go back to that but at least I can say I stuck it out and actually did it. Kinda gives you the inspiration to work harder and better yourself.
    Ghost Black Hole
    The only point of working is to get enough capital to fund side hussles where you can make enough money to start saving and use that money to make more money.

I don't care about a better position or advancing in a company. I have no desire to work for someone longer than I need to.
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Ghost - You sound like a short-sighted idiot.

Oct - Was your factory job labor intensive, or were you basically standing in one spot all day? When I said manual labor, I was thinking more along the line of movers, miners, construction workers, etc.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Its precisely this kind of question that makes me truly reconsider the merits of capitalism.

I have briefly held labor-intensive jobs... I don't know how people do it for life.

And then once physical exhaustion kicks in, and you have barely enough to retire on...

Something needs to change.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by D4NG0 Ghost - You sound like a short-sighted idiot.

Why? Because I don't want to work for a company?

I've always made more money on my own but to do that I need money in the first place. How is that short sighted? Working is generally a waste of time that you could better spend on education, learning a skill or doing some kind of hussle to make money on your own time which is a lot more stable in the long term.
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Originally posted by Ghost Why? Because I don't want to work for a company?

I've always made more money on my own but to do that I need money in the first place. How is that short sighted? Working is generally a waste of time that you could better spend on education, learning a skill or doing some kind of hussle to make money on your own time which is a lot more stable in the long term.

I'm not doubting the method, just your ability.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by D4NG0 What do those of you with jobs that rely on manual labor plan to do when you get older? Do you view your job as temporary, or a stepping stone to a better position?

I've always wondered about this. Manual labor jobs tend not to pay well, so it seems to me you're doubly screwed when forced into early retirement.

Get universal income as is will be a necessity or study/produce music/art. A lot of manual labors become contractors and build buildings lol....
    then if the robots took over the jobs, there would be a war against the machines... and all true patriots that survied the nuclear holocaust would take back over whats theres and start a new civilazation... tis happned manytimes before .

hell whatever at least when I die I know Im going to heaven

Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by D4NG0 I'm not doubting the method, just your ability.

hurrrrrrr
    dargo is such a shithead its unbelievable he likes to pretend that he's darwin or Huxley
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    A lot of blue collar workers have progressed beyond entry level position and pay by retirement age lol
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 A lot of blue collar workers have progressed beyond entry level position and pay by retirement age lol

pretty much op is an idiot.
    Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    I'm just gonna live a vehicle / shitty camper.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Needledick Needledick Needledick I'm just gonna live a vehicle / shitty camper.

Me too.

Legit.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I don't have plans, hopefully by then I'll have built something.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    inb5spectral

I'm in the position where I look fairly muscular and have tattoos and hang around working class types but have physical problems plus laziness and niggerish tendencies prevent me from working. I have friends with businesses I can work at and probably start my own company doing but never will. Around here labor type jobs pay more than standard entry level positions and I still don't find it worthwhile. I can do it for a week then I'm sick of it and it doesn't seem worth it.

So I spend a good portion of my day scheming
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Sudo inb5spectral

I'm in the position where I look fairly muscular and have tattoos and hang around working class types but have physical problems plus laziness and niggerish tendencies prevent me from working. I have friends with businesses I can work at and probably start my own company doing but never will. Around here labor type jobs pay more than standard entry level positions and I still don't find it worthwhile. I can do it for a week then I'm sick of it and it doesn't seem worth it.

So I spend a good portion of my day scheming

Translation:

I'm a dead beat nigger

Good for you m8.👍

Originally posted by D4NG0 Oct - Was your factory job labor intensive, or were you basically standing in one spot all day? When I said manual labor, I was thinking more along the line of movers, miners, construction workers, etc.

Yeah stuck in one position. I had worked before as a laborer for a few weeks in the Summer holidays after school. Fucking-hated it.
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 A lot of blue collar workers have progressed beyond entry level position and pay by retirement age lol

That's sort of what I figured. Most advance so that they're no longer performing hard labor. What about the ones who don't though?

Originally posted by Octavian Yeah stuck in one position. I had worked before as a laborer for a few weeks in the Summer holidays after school. Fucking-hated it.

Both seem awful tbh. I'm happy to have an office-type job and work out on my own accord. Spending the day moving bricks, baling hay or some other shit is not only unsustainable, but also sounds boring as hell.
    blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top