User Controls

been GTK programming. GTKSHARP, AMA

filtration African Astronaut
    This post has been edited by a bot I made to preserve my privacy.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Been BTK programming.

Three commands available:
    -- Bind.
    -- Torture.
    -- Kill.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ok, but for real, I had actually never heard of this. It looks to be some kind of GUI framework (if I'm looking at the right wikipedia page)?

If that's the case, how does it compare to any others out there?
    The more I read into this, the more interesting and diverse use cases I can think of for it.

I love that it has GIMP incorporation capabilities, and a Python module.

I had heard of Qt but never needed it yet (I have only ever written code that uses a browser-based page (HTML, CSS, and JS) for a GUI. You can, after all, do quite a bit native to the browser, even root-requiring tasks if you're creative - and brave - enough).

But taking it outside the browser, I haven't gotten into that yet. Might try it out though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It reminds me quite a bit of the workflow for developing an Android application (and I assume also any mobile platform for that matter, but have zero direct experience with iOS app development).
    Originally posted by filtration Which? The IDE I am using or the builder?

Just the whole thing from when I started watching it like ~15 minutes ago until now.

The IDE is a lot like Android Studio, and Android uses Java which almost looks indistinguishable to me from C#, from syntax to build process.

In all fairness, though, it's been well over a year since I've even had Android Studio open, let alone spent any serious time coding in it.
    Ah yes, two different programs. I didn't quite catch you swapping entire windows and just thought they were two different "views" from within the same IDE.

Honestly I've been kinda multitasking while watching so haven't caught every single detail, but I am getting a nice bird's eye view of the process which is great for me because GTK is totally new to me.
    Admin African Astronaut
    I've made some fancy app indicators using python. Is this the same as GTK programming?
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by filtration Could be, did you use gtk?

Yes. I had to import GTK.
    whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
Jump to Top