User Controls

Military indoctrination

Patriotism.

There is quote from a movie I saw recently where a mother tells her son who says he wants to honor his country by going into the military "If you want fight and die in a desert over oil go ahead, but don't kid yourself."

This sums up why I don't have any more respect for vetrans than anyone else. There's this kid I went to high school with who only posts during holidays about the bravery and courage and honor of vetrans keeping everybody else free. Nigga', no.

I know some cool, very intelligent guys who went to iraq, but many of them are ultrabros who decided to find their fellowship in distant lands polishing rifles with no women in sight, instead of going to sigma chi.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    i'm a veteran and i know a lot of people who post that bullshit

it's all bs, everyone in the military hates it and complains constantly

the problem is they're overwhelmingly normie posers and get off on attention and they know if they post about HONOR COURAGE COMMITMENT people will give them attention. it's fucking pathetic really.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it's a job, nothing more
    If 'the powers that be' actually 'respected' the people who serve in the military, rather than just treating them as pawns in geopolitical and economic games, veterans wouldn't be massively overrepresented in suicides and the homeless population. As it is today, like GP implied, it seems as though the facade of respect for the military and branding them as heroes is mostly just to suck in impressionable people who either don't have other options or crave the image and/or social status being presented
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    I feel like they deserve a certain amount of respect, but certainly not their ass kissed.

It's not their fault our government sends them on dummy missions and feeds them shit sandwiches. They'd still be the first line of defense if someone tried to take over your home countries. That deserves consideration.
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 I feel like they deserve a certain amount of respect, but certainly not their ass kissed.

It's not their fault our government sends them on dummy missions and feeds them shit sandwiches. They'd still be the first line of defense if someone tried to take over your home countries. That deserves consideration.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the commitment and discipline it takes and understand that some portion of them join up for honourable reasons, but the same could be said of many other low-paid workers in critical infrastructure
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    I know what some of you you guys are saying. People definitely do join for the wrong reasons.
Jump to Top