User Controls

Living in the past

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    As in a long time ago, say the 400s or 700 BCs or whenever grunting cavemen were around.

Do you ever really try and envision what life would have been like then? Movies set in these times just show you the "entertaining" parts of the day, not the other 99% where they sit around bored out of their goddamn minds.

You can read , write, talk, draw, sew, play cards depending on if they were invented by your time. What else? Just keep cleaning your house and staying busy that way?

No electricity ever. I mean I understand that if you grow up in certain conditions you are much more acclimated to them, like obviously people can't be frustrated with no electricity if they don't know electricity exists, but just the same it just seems like things would get really repetitive and dull. Reading the same ass books over and over.

What do you think? Thank you.
    talk to other people
    watch out for danger
    sleep

they probably didn't get bored
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Lol
    We became civilized over 9000 years ago or some shit, so your year estimate is a little off. I imagine hunting and craftsmanship were common hobbies.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    i bet they never got as bored as people do these days. like you say you don't miss something you've never known. plus they had a lot more work to do just to survive in them days. societies were much smaller also, just tribes and shit. people would have been a lot more sociable. plus they prolly just fucked in their spare time. or did mushrooms around the camp fire etc.
    That would fucking suck. If I had to live in the past I'd at least like to live during the time when Jesus was around so I could merc his ass before he got famous.
    its like when i was a kid in the 80s, we never had internet or hundreds of tv channels. we went out and always found shit to do.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Way back then, if you wanted a woman, you just grabbed your club and went out and knocked one out and dragged them home. Must have been exciting times.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Way back then, if you wanted a woman, you just grabbed your club and went out and knocked one out and dragged them home. Must have been exciting times.

You mean you could have actually gotten laid??
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I wonder what the hell they'd use for toilet paper in 400s or 700 BCs? Tree bark? Nothing? Legitimate question!
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I wonder what the hell they'd use for toilet paper in 400s or 700 BCs? Tree bark? Nothing? Legitimate question!

Papyrus
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Papyrus

You'd think that would be too stiff, dry and flaky...
    Originally posted by mmQ As in a long time ago, say the 400s or 700 BCs or whenever grunting cavemen were around.

Do you ever really try and envision what life would have been like then? Movies set in these times just show you the "entertaining" parts of the day, not the other 99% where they sit around bored out of their goddamn minds.

You can read , write, talk, draw, sew, play cards depending on if they were invented by your time. What else? Just keep cleaning your house and staying busy that way?

No electricity ever. I mean I understand that if you grow up in certain conditions you are much more acclimated to them, like obviously people can't be frustrated with no electricity if they don't know electricity exists, but just the same it just seems like things would get really repetitive and dull. Reading the same ass books over and over.

What do you think? Thank you.

I think SpectraL is more qualified to comment about living in the past than anyone here. Let's see what he has to say on this topic.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You'd think that would be too stiff, dry and flaky…

Why are you telling me about your dick
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Why are you telling me about your dick

Papyrus, silly.

Wait a minute... I thought you had changed your mind about me?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Papyrus, silly.

Wait a minute… I thought you had changed your mind about me?

I was just fucking with you. You're still a faggot.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by NARCassist its like when i was a kid in the 80s, we never had internet or hundreds of tv channels. we went out and always found shit to do.

True, as a kid it's generally easier to want to go play outside. I suppose in those times the kids played a lot of hide and seek and ditch related games. Made up sports games before sports were a thing.

I do think there would have to be more boredome with the adults. Or else people just found stuff they REALLY love doing like making candles and sweeping the dirt outside the house every 15 minutes.
    boredom is basically why durgs were invented for.
    Originally posted by NARCassist boredom is basically why durgs were invented for.

QFT
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Dude, life was so fucking bad back then. You have no idea. Damn near everyone lived an extremely shitty life. Until relatively recently (internet/digital age) I most likely would have committed suicide by this point. Not that it's a bad thing, just opting out of a bad deal, a fool's errand.
Jump to Top